80 percent of adults experience low back pain at some point in their lifetime. Back pain is the most common cause of job related disability and has led to the highest number of missed work days. Is your doctor telling you that you have to stop your favorite activity or sport? Are you tired of relying on painkillers to get through work? Are you afraid of invasive surgical procedures?
See Below for 7 ways to Naturally Relieve Back Pain.
- Improve thoracic and lumbar joint mobility
- Performing joint glides can increase the joint fluid of your spinal discs and improve overall range of motion.
- Strengthen your core
- Your core muscles are designed to stabilize your spine. By strengthening your core, you can take pressure off your back muscles and spinal discs.
- Myofascial release of lumbar muscles
- Muscle tightness can contribute to pain. Myofascial release can bring blood flow to tight muscle cells and alleviate tension.
- Stretching exercises
- Stretching your glutes, hamstrings, and low back muscles can help lengthen your muscles and provide relief.
- Improve sitting and standing posture
- Slumped posture has been shown to have the most pressure on your lumbar discs. Make sure you sit and stand with proper posture to avoid compensation.
- Lumbar Traction
- This can open up the joint space between your spinal discs. Sometimes traction can help decompress a nerve that is irritated.
- Moist Heat pack
- Heat helps promote blood flow to the area providing pain relief.